Sunday, May 27, 2007

The beginning

On Saturday we bought our first herbs & edible plants.

Mint and basil for my window. I love the smell of mint, and basil supposedly keeps flies away.

We also bought a strawberry plant (that came with a wonderful strawberry - that my dog ate before I could even take a picture!). There's still a small tiny white/green strawberry that will hopefully grow so I can taste it too.
I read somewhere that strawberries can really take over the place if you let them, so we put it on a smallish pot. But I hope it grows and we can have more strawberry plants.
I love all sorts of berries, so I'd love to get some other kinds too...

Some sweet corn, that apparently we shouldn't have planted in rows and now I'll have to pollinate myself. Don't know how, though.

We also got some red lettuce and tomatoes (I don't like either, so I'm not paying much attention to those) and some lemon verbena (that apparently reminds my mom of her childhood).

No comments: